When it comes to getting a deal done time is typically against you.
Every minute, hour, day, week and month that goes by without agreement the odds start going against you. Momentum is critical in closing a deal. So how do you keep momentum on your side while closing in a timely manner?
Simple steps to help close out your deals:
1) Create a proactive closing strategy
- What needs to happen to close the deal? Map out your plan to keep the deal on track.
2) Always have a next step
- After every call or meeting establish next steps and follow through.
3) React with urgency
- Response time matters and demonstrates your level of interest.
4) Understand the process to close
- What needs to happen on the customer side to get the deal done? Budget approval, legal process, signature, it’s critical to understand timing and challenges ahead.
5) Hustle – Push hard to close
- You may only have a small opening to get it done so don’t take your foot off the pedal. Never assume its a done deal – act as though you are behind at all times.
Don’t let time be the enemy.